I am pro: life.
No matter what.
Every child deserves to live. My friend did an in depth project on abortion for biology in freshman year and ever since then the thought of abortions has disgusted me. Did you know that the baby can actually feel the abortion? Maybe you’ve never thought about that before. I hadn’t either. I didn’t realize how early fetus’ can feel things. The way doctor’s abort is horrific. I don’t even want to discuss that right now so if you are really, morbidly, curious the by all means, google it. Don’t say I didn’t warn you when you find something that you probably didn’t want to see.
If the mother’s life is threatened by having the child, then she should still let the child live. It is the ultimate show of love to give your own life for another’s. Just read Harry Potter and you will see that. I know that is a hard decision but, let’s say this: you abort the baby and then you live. Then what? You live with the guilt that you ended the life of your own child that you created to save your own. That is selfish. I just can’t respect people who do that
Thou shalt not murder. That’s what abortion is guys: Murder. You are slaughtering an innocent child, your own innocent child no less, for your own selfish means. It’s wrong, morally and biblically. I don’t care if you don’t believe in God or don’t read the bible or whatever your excuse is. Your conscience will tell you that it is wrong. You are heartless completely selfish if you ignore it.
If you just don’t want kids, USE PROTECTION. There is no excuse.
If you are sixteen and pregnant, have the baby, give it up for adoption. There are plenty of infertile people who wish that they could just get lucky and have their own child. I promis that they would love to take yours.
I just wanted to post this because there is a lot of talk about it on my dash right now.
If you don’t agree, message me. I’d love to talk.
A number of points:
- Abortion is not murder. A foetus is not a living, autonomous human being.
- The research evidence on the ability of a foetus to feel pain has been refuted on all counts.
- Approximately 90% of abortions take place in the first trimester, and the remainder shortly thereafter. At that stage of a pregnancy, a foetus is a very small blob of cells. (See point two again.)
- Approximately 50% of women who terminate a pregnancy were using contraception when they became pregnant.
- An abundance of research evidence indicates that forcing women to continue with unwanted pregnancies, in order that they have the child adopted, is detrimental to both their physical and mental health.
- Most importantly, do some of your own research before you make assumptions about the decisions women make about their own bodies.