Sunday feminist roundup (2nd February 2014)
It’s been a busy week at work and play. Here’s the little of what I’ve been reading.
- Those poor Swedish singles (dailylife). (Not sure about that title.)
- Rand Paul says there’s no War on Women because his niece is going to be a veterinarian (feministing). Ah, well then.
- Why Page 3 is Porn and Why That’s Important by @HelenSaxby11 (aroomofourown)
- “That can’t be sexual assault because it’s normal” (iblamethepatriarchy)
- On ‘toxic Twitter feminism’ and being called out (thefword)
- The challenge of achieving a gender-balanced boardroom (theguardian)
- Celebrity abusers, rape culture and Jim Davidson (sianandcrookedrib)
- 7 Commenters You’ll Meet as an Online Feminist (everydayfeminism)
- Do men control the key student societies at university? (theguardian)
- The politics of black hair (newstatesman)