Sunday feminist roundup (29th December 2013)
So, I took the week off, from everything really. The whole world could have ended and I might not have noticed. It was good to switch off and I know I’m lucky to be able to do so. Here’s a roundup from the last week. It’s been quiet, needless to say, but that’s more likely because people haven’t been blogging and the papers have been off rather than there being nothing afoot. There’s always something afoot.
Last of the year, folks.
- This isn’t ‘feminism’. It’s Islamophobia (commentisfree)
- The Three Best and Worst Moments for Women’s Economic Status in 2013 (rhrealitycheck)
- Freed Pussy Riot members say prison was time of ‘endless humiliations’ (theguardian) For the love of god…
- Online Harassment and Silencing (feministlawprofessors)
- Why Immigration is a Feminist Issue (everydayfeminism)
- Kicked out of high school for ‘public lewdness’ after reporting rape (nbcnews)