What Can Men Do to Stop Rape Culture?
Video on link.
At a panel presented by V-Day and The Nation, Eve Ensler challenged men to up their role in combating violence against women. As Nation sports editor Dave Zirin put it, rape culture is “what happens to our culture when we let it sit and don’t actively challenge violence against women.” It’s “not the two boys in Steubenville who committed the crime, it was the fifty people who saw it happen and did nothing.” To change that culture, the panel asks, what will it take to redefine masculinity? And what role do women have in that conversation?
- NEWS: What Can Men Do to Stop Rape Culture? (feministcollective.org.uk)
- [link] Want to stop sexual violence in war? Confront everyday inequality (feimineach.com)
- [link] What’s So Funny About Steubenville? (feimineach.com)
- Rape Culture: what it is and why it matters (lylibertine.wordpress.com)
- Rape Culture (mwoods228.wordpress.com)
- How men can take an active role in disrupting and dismantling rape culture (opineseason.com)
- So you’re tired of hearing about “rape culture”? (theconservativehillbilly.wordpress.com)
- WANG: Examining rape culture after Steubenville (yaledailynews.com)
- So you’re tired of hearing about “rape culture”? (thisiswhyicheat.com)
- Patriarchy and racism give birth to rape culture, not a drunk woman or her miniskirt (vancouverobserver.com)