It’s the first of April. I haven’t remembered to do an April fools joke in about 90 years. (Request: please do not play one on me. I will fall for it. I always do.)
- Check out the three main arguments against same-sex marriage (and why they’re wrong) (msmagazine). Thankfully I don’t encounter many people with whom to have those particular arguments these days.
- These really are disturbing: glamorous mocked-up pictures of kids smoking (motherjones). There’s a very interesting discussion to be had about how people – women in particular – fell for the idea that smoking was glamorous and sophisticated.
- A new study demands zero-tolerance for sexual assault in the military (thenation). Question: why is this being asked of the military, now? What about this study is revelationary? In other words: why has there been anything other than zero-tolerance before now?
- Did I post this a few weeks back? I think I might have. In any case, it’s worth posting again. Know your pope (a feminist guide) (msmagazine).
- Here’s a link that I know I’ve posted before. A open letter to the “good” punter (theprostitutionexperience). Sex workers’ voices are some of the most marginalised (often by feminists, which is ironic) so sites and posts such as these are really important.
That’s it for today. I’m off back to bed.